Ensuring the security of your home or business is a paramount concern, and installing a burglar alarm system is a proactive approach to safeguarding your property. However, comprehending the cost elements associated with burglar alarms is essential in making an informed decision that aligns with your requirements and financial plan.
In this article, we will explore the various elements that influence the price of burglar alarms, allowing you to budget wisely for your home security needs.
Types of Burglar Alarm Systems and Their Costs
Bell-Only Wireless Alarm – Supplying 2 Sensors and 1 Door Contact
A “Bell-Only Wireless Alarm” package typically includes two sensors and one door contact. This configuration is designed to provide a basic level of security for your property. The sensors are strategically placed to detect motion or any unusual activity, while the door contact alerts the system when a door is opened or closed.
However, it’s important to note that this type of alarm system will trigger a loud siren or bell on the premises to alert anyone nearby, but it won’t notify a monitoring center or emergency services. The cost for this system typically falls around £525.
Bell-Only Wired Alarm – Supplying 2 Sensors and 1 Door Contact
In this alarm system, the sensors are strategically positioned to detect motion or any unusual activity, while the door contact triggers the alarm system upon detecting the opening or closing of a door.
Similar to the wireless variant, this type of alarm system will activate a loud siren or bell on-site to alert individuals in the vicinity, but it does not connect to a monitoring center or emergency services. As it requires wiring for installation, it is generally priced lower at around £500.
Smart Alarm System – Including 2 Sensors, 1 Door Contact, and Token Requirement
For those seeking advanced features and remote control capabilities, a smart alarm system is an excellent choice. The integration of smart technology allows for remote monitoring and control, enhancing the overall safety and management of your property.
The sensors detect any suspicious activity or movement, while the door contact triggers alerts upon any door activity. The price for a smart alarm system is typically in the range of £650.
CCTV System – Supply Costs (Excluding Labour)
If you desire comprehensive security with video surveillance, a CCTV system is a valuable investment. While labour costs are not included in this estimate, the supply cost for a CCTV system is around £800.
Burglar Alarm Technician Hourly Rate
In addition to the cost of the alarm system itself, you may need to factor in the hourly rate of a burglar alarm technician for installation and maintenance. The hourly rate for these services typically ranges from £60 to £80.
What is the Cost of Burglar Alarm Installation?
To give you an idea of the cost, a basic bell-only wired system typically starts at £500 for both supply and installation.
Wireless systems, known for their convenience, usually come in a bit higher at around £525 for supply and installation. However, these estimates do not encompass any extra work that may be required during the installation process.
Looking to get a high-security alarm at affordable rates? Barry Bros security can help in that regard!
Factors That Impact Burglar Alarm Costs
Understanding the cost of a burglar alarm system goes beyond the initial purchase price. Several factors can influence the overall expenses:
- System Type: The type of burglar alarm system you choose plays a significant role in cost determination. While bell-only alarms are more budget-friendly, smart systems and CCTV setups come at a higher price point due to their advanced features.
- Features and Components: The inclusion of extra features and components, such as motion sensors, surveillance cameras, and home automation capabilities, can increase the overall cost of your burglar alarm system.
- Installation: Professional installation ensures that your alarm system is set up correctly. While it adds to the upfront cost, it can prevent issues and false alarms down the line.
- Monitoring Services: If you opt for professional monitoring services, you will incur additional monthly or annual fees. However, having experts oversee your security system 24/7 provides peace of mind.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Regular maintenance and occasional repairs are essential to keep your burglar alarm system in optimal condition. Be prepared for these ongoing costs.
The cost of a burglar alarm system varies based on several factors, including the type of system you choose, the features you want, and the need for professional installation and monitoring services.
To determine the total cost for your specific needs, consider these factors carefully and budget accordingly. Remember that investing in a burglar alarm system is an investment in your home’s security and peace of mind.